Sunday 22 June 2014

Summer Solstice picnic

This weekend I'd invited a few of my friends round for dinner, as it was a good friend of mine's birthday. However with the weather being so beautiful and it being the summer solstice, I thought it would be much more fun to head to the local park (Wanstead Park), embrace the weather, and have a picnic! So we packed it all up and headed out- what could be better than good food, good company and champagne out in the sun? I'd baked some salmon with lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and vine tomatoes, made a fresh pesto and pine nut pasta and tender stem broccoli salad, a green salad, and avocado salsa. To finish, a huge summer berry pavlova. It was so picturesque that I had to take a few photos....


The Great British Summer!
Getting better at styling whipped cream- I find it so easy to over whip it

Mary Berry eat your heart out.

Simple and fresh- lemon baked salmon, green salad, radishes, roasted vine tomatoes and lemon vinaigrette.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment