Saturday 23 August 2014

Assisting on Jamie Magazine

I thought I'd post a few of the pictures from the shoot I assisted food stylist Katy Greenwood (www.katygreenwood.com) on, for Jamie Magazine. I had a great day assisting Katy, with food photographer Will Heap (www.willheap.com) taking some lovely pictures of the delicious food. I learnt alot from chatting to Katy, and have since assisted her on other shoots since, which has been good experience.

It's alot of fun seeing all the beautiful props on the shoots, although it does make me slightly envious wishing I had such nice crockery! It's also great to try out new recipes, and assisting Katy and other food stylists is really developing my skills and knowledge of professional food styling. Best of all, you get to eat the food you've cooked after you've photographed them (no point in wasting it!), so I've been eating like a King, trying all sorts of new things. 

We went through about 7 or 8 recipes in one day. Katy wrote all these recipes herself aswell, so they were very easy to follow and tasted great. These aren't the best quality images of the magazine I'm afraid...but better than nothing! More photographs from my other shoots to follow:


Can't go wrong with ice cream and chocolate sauce!

Loved the colours on this one















No comments:

Post a Comment