I adore the MaltEaster bunnies that pop up in the shops at Easter, so of course I decided to bake them into a brownie! This is less of a recipe, and more of an idea which can be adjusted to your favourite brownie recipe if you like. I used a really basic and quick brownie mix here, but feel free to use any brownie recipe as your base. Just push the little chocolate bunnies into the tray about 10 minutes before the end of baking! It's hardly gourmet, but it is great with a cuppa!
(Makes around 20 brownies)
400g caster sugar
225g melted buter
60g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
225g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large bag of regular Maltesers
3 bags of mini MaltEaster bunnies
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in the order listed, apart from the regular Maltesers and MaltEaster bunnies.
3. Add 2/3s of the bag of Maltesers to the mix and gently fold through.
4. Pour the mix into a greased lined baking tray (it should fill a 23x33cm rectangular tray) and smooth out with a spatula. Bake for around 20 mins.
5. Remove from the oven, and push the rest of the Maltesers and MaltEaster bunnies into the brownie crust gently, being careful not to burn yourself.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 mins, until just cooked. If you find the top is going too brown, cover with tin foil and continue to bake.